Labels

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting On God

Last night I was praying. I have been noticing a reoccurring pattern as of late in our lives, waiting on God and not knowing the time of fruition. The pregnancy, the 5 days of labor, the last move and its moving date, the gall bladder attacks, Benj and his work contracts, not knowing when this contract is over or what day he will come home, where God is leading us and learning to live in each day. I was wondering if God was really trying to teach me something over and over again so I could really learn the lesson thoroughly, or if He was trying to teach me something and I just wasn't getting it.
I was really searching my heart trying to understand what I might have been missing or not getting. Or maybe I just needed to continue on and trust that God was really just trying to help me to learn to wait on His timing with patience and joy. Or maybe all of the above. I was getting ready for bed and picked up the book I have been slowly reading since I couldn't sleep, Secrets of the Secret Place. The Lord told me to turn to the chapter The Secret of Waiting. I had only gotten through the first 50 pages or so and didn't know if there was such a chapter. However, upon looking at the index I found it and turned to the chapter. I felt like God had answered my question while reading and I became comforted and my unrealized anxiety fell away. A few things in the chapter stuck out to me.

"To wait on God successfully, we must come to derive more fulfillment by being with Him than by working for Him."

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him. ~ Isaiah 64:4

Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him. ~ Isaiah 30:18

"When it says, "The Lord will wait," it doesn't mean that God is waiting for you to do something; it means that God is strategically delaying His miraculous visitation because He has greater things in store for you than you've asked for. But to give you the fullness of what He has planned for your life, He will use the season of waiting to prepare you as a vessel, and also to prepare circumstances around your life so that you will be able to step forward into the proper sphere when His release comes to you. He's waiting so that He can crown you with an even greater blessing."

"But those who know the ways of God are aware of Joseph's testimony: Even though you may wait on God for many years, there is a day coming when God will change everything in a moment of time! He may take seemingly forever to get around to it, but once God moves, He can change everything in a day."

Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! ~ Psalm 27:14

Wow. I felt hope, uplifted, challenged, and convicted. I felt like He was reaffirming to me what has been in my heart and what I had been hearing from Him, but was desiring confirmation. Being a 'doer' and someone who loves to serve, it gives me great pleasure do as my Lord asks. I do enjoy His presence, however I feel purpose and fulfillment in action. I do want to learn to enjoy my Lord just as much as doing something when He asks me to 'be still' and wait on Him., to bask in His presence and live my life for Him until the time He tells me to go. I do feel like I have learned a lot from these experiences, but I can still tell I have a lot to learn. *smile*





Sorce, Bob. "Chapter 32 The Secret of Waiting." Secrets of the Secret Place: Keys to Igniting Your Personal Time with God. Lee's Summit, MO: Oasis House, 2001. 128-31. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So speak and so do as being about to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgement will be without mercy to the one not doing mercy, and mercy exalts over judgement." James 2:12-13