Labels

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Secret Place

From the time that I was a child I had a secret place. I literally called it ‘my secret place’ and it was a place that I would escape to during hard times or when life became overwhelming. It was where I found peace and comfort. It was where I met Christ, even though I did not know who He was at that time. The Bible speaks of the Secret Place and I did not know my experience was a Biblical one. I knew it was a heart one that involved all of me; however I did not know that the scriptures spoke of the Secret Place.

Psalms 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me, He shall set me high upon a rock.

Psalms 31:20 You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

Psalms 91 – This chapter speaks of the secret place and the turbulence that the enemy tries to attack with when in the secret place. God sovereignty and protection are in this place of prayer and rest, however Satan tried to attack more to distract us.

Psalms 91:7 – I read this verse when I was a little girl and found peace in it. I proclaimed it over my life and felt like God was saying this particularly to me.

I can not get over my awe at God. Yes, life was hard at the beginning with the molestations and fighting, however, I did not know the gift that God gave me when taking me to the secret place. He taught me at such a young age to escape with him and find peace and love. To abide with him in His Sanctuary, to find peace, rest, comfort, love, Him….. I have known that the gift He gave me was great! However, I do not think I have ever felt the magnitude of that gift as I am feeling now. This is what I have been praying that God shows to my children. He has given me the words to ask for and seek on their behalf! Amen! We should seek the Secret Place with our Creator and God! We should take refuge and run to that place. It is where we should abide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So speak and so do as being about to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgement will be without mercy to the one not doing mercy, and mercy exalts over judgement." James 2:12-13